Friday 25 February 2022

The New Moon

Sharp like a sword,
Calm like a statue,
Shining like a star,
Here I am,
Ready to face the dark again!
                                                                                    
Image Credit: krarte

I know some of you wait,
For me with bated breath,
And some of you, don't care.
But I have dim battles to fight,
So that some of us can, rise and shine bright.

Some days I take your darkness away,
Sometimes you take mine,
With that everlasting smile.
It sure is, a give and take bond my friend.

Although! I do not like to whine,
Do you know that I cannot go to bed at nine?
So, how about we share some wine?
While we talk about a world divine?

Tomorrow, I shall be brighter and bigger
May be then I am meant to go,
On your Twitter :D

Here I go again,
Your so-called night guardian.
Starting off sleek,
Trying to reach the peak.
Usually they call me,
The new moon!



34 comments:

  1. Well written and gives a whole new perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic.... lets have some wine sometimes surely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shine bright always ! Great one Sabreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like new era lullaby. You plus words always a great combo. Keep going πŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the motivation. Appreciate it!

      Delete
  5. Absolutely amazing.... With this I could remember our chai pe adda time.
    Love you 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg! Miss those days! Thanks for reading and for being a constant support :)

      Delete
  6. Really enjoyed reading it ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad! Thank you miss superbly talented artist :)

      Delete
  7. Don't know much about poetry but really loved reading this one. My sister's the best! Love ya😘

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well written .hope to see u on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am on twitter :P not too active though!

      Delete
  9. It's always a pleasure to read your poems... Everytime it's beautifully unique ♡´・α΄—・`♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved it❤ One of your bestπŸ’―

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from you! Appreciate you saying that :)

      Delete
  11. Nicely put deep thoughts with little humors! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow... Your poetry is so beautifully written. Please continue 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's truly so beautiful. I absolutely love the imagery of a beautiful night sky and all the celestial bodies. The absolute diamond in this sky is the feeling of of wine under your moon light night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful words for something so everpresent

    ReplyDelete

Featured Posts

Evening Walks

  With birds feeding on the newly sown seeds,  And squirrels hopping around to find nuts,    I dance away in my mind,                ...

Reader's Choice