Monday 17 January 2022

Evening Walks

 With birds feeding on the newly sown seeds,
 And squirrels hopping around to find nuts, 
 I dance away in my mind,                                   
 To the loud tunes that buzz in my ears,
 Thinking about things,far and near.

 Oh! What an evening walk this is,
 Where I count my blessings,
 Along with my daily steps.
 Where my creativity,
 Gets a boost,
 And where everything else is on snooze!

 When the sun is shining bright and wide,
 This almost feels like a joy ride.
 So this one is to many more such walks,
 And much more mind talks!

Image Courtesy: https://www.livechennai.com/

P.S:  inspired by and written during one of my evening walks:)

22 comments:

  1. Beautuful words, we should take a walk sometimes.. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😊 Definitely, our walks are pending from a long time ❤

      Delete
  2. I started to visualise taking one of these walks…nicely expressed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you could relate somewhat to your morning walks . Thanks for your kind comments 🙂

      Delete
  3. This is profound and well written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much for reading and all your feedback!

      Delete
  4. This inspire me to take a evening walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a masterpiece and absolutely refreshing. Keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for spending time on my blog and sharing your valuable comments

      Delete
  6. How beautifully you have put down your thoughts or feelings into this poem. Well written

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how it's more mind talks! This feels like I am walking with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anusha. Wish we could do more walks together ❤

      Delete
  8. Reminds me the college days.. awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh our lovely evening walks during college time 😊 miss those days!

      Delete
  9. Good one Sabreen.You have a real art in your writing.Keep going

    ReplyDelete

Featured Posts

Evening Walks

  With birds feeding on the newly sown seeds,  And squirrels hopping around to find nuts,    I dance away in my mind,                ...

Reader's Choice