Friday 19 May 2023

Letter to my younger self

 Dear Young Me,

I know that teenage angst can get to you and make you wonder too much, but I promise this is part of the process. It is a phase and it will pass. You are just growing up. It is absolutely worth it at the end <3

Concentrate on the subjects at school that you like the most and the rest will fall in place.Do not let peer pressure get to you. Remember, an A+ cannot get you through everything in life. 

Pic Credit:https://pixabay.com/


Respect and love your parents. They matter and moreover never let go off your close friends.

I want you to enjoy these days to the fullest. This short period of teenage life will fly in a jiff. Go on dates, read good books, watch amazing movies(Enjoy the disney ones too. No! you arent too old for them), fall in love,journal your feelings, dance it out, go crazy and do what your heart desires. Play a sport you enjoy the most.Try your hand at an instrument or an art form. Find a hobby which will always bring on a smile no matter where you are and what you are doing in life. Most importantly, Eat whatever the hell you feel like :)


Love,

Your elder self.


What would you tell your younger self, dear reader? Let us hear it all! :)





14 comments:

  1. To take a deep breath, and everything would have been alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree a 100%. Thanks for putting your thoughts in :)

      Delete
  2. I wish I could talk to young me. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would tell young me. Don’t worry so much and enjoy the now because it goes by so quick. The things that upset and hurt you pass more quickly than you think and savor those precious moments of joy and even the peaceful quiet ones as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to worry a lot, would be my top advice too :)

      Delete
  4. I wish someone had told this to us when we were young… well expressed ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well expressed ❣️ could feel it. I would tell my younger self that you are not so old yet. Enjoy your today and rest let it go with the flow,😎

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still young n enjoying my life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Telling my younger self to breathe, slow down, and savor the small moments with my younger siblings because those matter most …would not have been enough…I would have told hold my younger self and tell her ‘you are enough, you are loved, life can be painful uncertain and unfair but you are not alone- hold on to your little siblings because they may feel the same and you can be their rock… you are loved you are enough …it’ll all work out in the end’.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very thoughtful. Thanks for penning it down here :) much love, Sabreen ♥️

      Delete

Featured Posts

Evening Walks

  With birds feeding on the newly sown seeds,  And squirrels hopping around to find nuts,    I dance away in my mind,                ...

Reader's Choice