Thursday 9 June 2022

I am 'Tea'

I bring calm

Bundled with some warmth                                        

For your palm.                                                                                               

I bring taste

And Yes! you can even

Use my bio-waste.


I swirl and steep

For you my peep

You cannot deny that I make you sometimes

Write too deep

And I am always meant to be a keep.


At most times, it gets pretty hot in here,

However, I would like to know

How are you feeling over there?


I come in yellow,

To take away your mellow.

Also, in green

To tone down your inner scream.

I go very well with or without cream

Some of you even label my presence, as Supreme.


I hate to get spilled over

Coffee is my mate , You ask?

Oh! that is almost a never.

I just hope to make you smile 

And get you some dreams happy and wild!


P.S: Dedicated to all tea lovers!




30 comments:

  1. Never disappoints. Amazingly written❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being a constant support!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely Great. I love tea even more now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fellow tea lover! Appreciate you reading my poems each time.

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely poem and so well written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice sabreen ba😍❣

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am a tea lover and I loved this ..let me have a tea now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fellow tea lover! Appreciate you reading my poems each time. I hope you got yourself a nice and warm cup of tea :)

      Delete
  6. Very nice 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate you coming here and reading!

      Delete
  7. Loved this being a tea lover...great one gal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fellow tea lover! Appreciate you reading my poems each time.

      Delete
  8. Love the tea coming to life and telling its own story!❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate you reading it! I truly believe every object living or not has a story to tell. I try to be their medium of speech sometimes ;)

      Delete
  9. Tea Tea Tea…. Would love to have it with you soon. Only a True Chai lover can feel this. “Chai Point” love ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being a constant supporter of my poetry! miss the chai times with you!

      Delete
  10. Reading this in the morning and now I miss tea! Lovely lines 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful!! Daily morning having tea and calm!! ☺

    ReplyDelete

Featured Posts

Evening Walks

  With birds feeding on the newly sown seeds,  And squirrels hopping around to find nuts,    I dance away in my mind,                ...

Reader's Choice